Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Frugal Dessert Recipe

I know I posted this a while ago, but I just made it again and it's soooo delicious! I thought I would share it on this recipe swap!

Hot Fudge Sundae Cake (Betty Crocker Recipe)


Need a quick dessert for tonight? This recipe is AWESOME and all the ingredients are just simple staple items you probably have on hand. Did I mention that this dessert is delicious??
It's one of my husbands family favorites!
Okay heres how to do it...
1 cup flour
3/4 cup white sugar
2 T. cocoa
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
2 T. veg oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 3/4 cup very hot water
Heat oven to 350
Mix flour, white sugar, 2 T. cocoa, baking powder, and salt in bowl.
Mix in milk, oil, and vanilla with fork until smooth.
Spread evenly in 8x11 or 9x9x2 pan. (I use a glass 9x13 and just bake a little less time)
Sprinkle with brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa.
Pour very hot water over batter. This seems a little weird but works wonderfully!
bake aprox. 40 min
Dish out and top with cool whip or icecream! YUM
For more recipes go here!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness. I have been making this dessert for YEARS! WHen I lived at home I remember making this... It is very delightful! Mmmmmm....

The Gaertegang Homestead said...

If that dessert tastes only half as good as it sounds I can't wait to try it!!!! I think it would go great with some vanilla ice cream I have in the freezer!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin