Wednesday, January 20, 2010

In His Word Wednesday


Serving Christ; Serving Others...

1 Samuel 12:24
But be sure to fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.

Galatians 5:13
You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love.

2 things have been on my heart lately..
**Serve Christ**
**Serve Others**

I'm trying to teach my kids this principle.
(and myself of course!)
If we get this through our head, everything
we do takes on new meaning. It's a lot easier
to be happy and to do the things we
need to do each day!

I was NOT put here on this
earth to serve ME..

It doesn't matter if I don't like it, or if
it bothers me, or if I don't want to...
I Serve Christ and I Serve Others...

When I tell my kids to clean up, I often hear
"but I didn't make the mess"
Well my response is now...
"Serve Christ, Serve Others
are you mentioned there?? (no) Then it doesn't matter
who made the mess, clean it up
to serve Christ and to serve others"...

Any thoughts???

****
********
What has God been teaching you lately.
Do you have a prayer request?
Do you have a Bible verse that has stuck out to you?
**
You can just leave your link, words, or prayer request here as a comment. We'd love to know how to pray for you. If you don't want to elaborate just let us know you have an unspoken prayer request. We can still pray for you because God already knows!!

1 comment:

Mominin said...

What great verses to focus on! Mine is up.

http://mominin-thepeerreview.blogspot.com/2010/01/in-his-word-wednesday.html

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin