Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Ranch Dressing Recipe.. NO HFCS!!

Have you ever looked at the
ingredients of your salad dressing??

Besides having about 40 of them it includes
high fructose corn syrup (3rd ingred.)

Why they have to put all that junk in our food is beyond me...
But the good news.... We don't have to buy it!!!!

Here is a easy, quick recipe for Ranch dressing from
Heavenly Homemakers.
I love her site and have been getting soooo many
recipes from her!!


I tried the dressing this week and it's a keeper!
I even put it in our mashed potatoes last night!!

Anyone else sick of HFCS
in ALL our food?!?!?!?

I've been working on HFCS for around 4 months and
I'm excited to say that we're about 90% HFCS FREE!!

2 comments:

Alisa said...

Thanks Megan, I am going to try it. I am trying to cut this very ingredient from my life. I truly believe it is the reason I can't get this weight off as easy as I could many years ago.
Keep sharing your great recipes! I haven't tried one we didn't like.

Cara (aka Temberton) said...

Thanks! I am going to try this. I love ranch dressing, but have a hard time finding a really good bottled one. Besides, I totally agree with the concept of kicking HFCS out of my diet. The HFCS commercials that promote it as "fine in moderation" are one of my HUGE pet peeves. My definition of moderate does not include having it in EVERYTHING in the grocery store. *sigh* Also, I like to buy a gallon or two of sweet tea to take to parties, potlucks, etc. But, I noticed that almost all of the brands now have HFCS instead of sugar. Yuck! I can taste the difference and I refuse to buy them!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin