Monday, December 6, 2010

Baked Donuts!

Have you ever made donuts at home??

These were a huge hit last week!
I actually made 2 batches and yep, they're all gone!

While I wouldn't say these are healthy,
they are at least baked not fried!!
And in my opinion that makes them lots easier too!

I picked up these cute donut pans at a
store for only $1.49 each!!

Here's what I did....

2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
Mix together, then add
3/4 cup milk
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
1 T butter
mix and put in greased pan...
Only fill about 2/3 full.
I think it made about 15-18 donuts!


Bake at 325* for 8-10 minutes


Take out of pan, cool then frost with favorite recipe!

I used
1 cup powdered sugar,
2 T milk,
1 T butter,
1/2 cup melted choc. chips
I had to add a little water or milk because it was a little thick.

I also frosted some with a cinnamon roll glaze
1/4 cup melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla
3 T. milk
Powdered sugar to make right consistency

Next time I'm trying something I like, like caramel!!!
You can also make them a little healthier by using better
sugar (sucanat) and maybe some ww flour!

3 comments:

Hope said...

Great - now I want these. And a Long John with custard. :)

Megan said...

Yum, I love the custard too.

Now my kids are asking for long johns they love the white filling!

Haven't tackled that one tho!

The Gaertegang Homestead said...

Mmmmm sounds like a great special occasion breakfast!! THANKS for sharing I hope to try it soon!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin