Monday, September 28, 2009

Bloggy Tip... Creating links that open new windows


Have you ever wondered how to make a blog link open
in a new window???

This is important so that readers don't leave your page.
I always dislike clicking on a link and losing the blog I was actually at.

Wordpress has an option to do this built in but
blogger does not...
***
It's really very simple but does take a second to do...
Here's how in Blogger...

Make your blog post and link normally.
When you're done click onto the edit html tab.
Find the link and insert
target="_blank"
somewhere in the link. Usually you should insert it between
"> within the A tag or link.

If you're still unsure...
Brent Riggs has a excellent video demo on how to do this
here
This is where I learned!!!

It might not sound so easy but watch his video,
it really is easy and I think it's worth it to
take the time to learn!!!!

Happy Blogging!!
Let me know if this helped you or confused you!!!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this! I have always wondered how to get the link to go to a new window. YOU ROCK!

Megan said...

I am coming back to give you more love for helping me figure this out. Check out my posts from today.... I DID IT!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin