Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Cinnamon Bread!

If you want something yummy and don't want
to take the time for Cinnamon Rolls
Here's a great alternative!!!

Cinnamon Bread

(YUM... As I sit here and type,
I'm eating the last of it!!
)

(Yes the left part is already eaten!!)

Ingredients...

2 cups Flour
1 cup white sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp soda
1 1/2 cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1/4 cup Vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup buttermilk
or (if you don't have buttermilk
use 1 T. vinegar and milk to make 1 cup...
I did this and it was fine... I never have buttermilk on hand
)


Simple Directions

Combine those 10 ingredients in bowl and beat 3 minutes (I did it by hand).
***Pour only 1/2 of the batter into greased 9x5 loaf pan.

"Topping"...
Combine 2 T. white sugar, 1 tsp. cinnamon, and 2 T. butter (melted). It will not be crumbly but more wet. I just swirled this around in the batter in the loaf pan.

Next put the rest of the batter in the pan.
Repeat the topping and swirl it again into the batter.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes.
I think it only took 35 min. in my oven
so keep an eye on it and
Don't over bake!

When it's been out of the oven for a few minutes, loosen and take out of the pan.
Put on a cookie sheet and put icing over the top!!

Icing...
(optional for some, a necessity for me!!)

1/4 cup melted butter
1 T. vanilla
3 T. Milk
enough powered sugar to make the right consistency

Slice and hope it lasts a day or two!!
To see the original recipe unaltered go here!

3 comments:

Susan said...

OMG! One word....Yummmmmmm! Megan, that close up picture ( the second pic) with all that icing drizzled over the top running down did it for me! I can almost taste it!

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Wow, looks amazing. Thanks for sharing :)

Jessica said...

Im so trying this!! Looks delish and seems to easy!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin