Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Homemade Dinner Rolls

If you think I'm bombarding you with
bread recipes, you're right!!!

2 months ago I tried my hand at this Basic Homemade Bread Recipe.
Since then I've tried many bread recipes. Once you get started it's
hard to quit! They're all soooo yummy!!
I think I'm a bread making addict!! If you missed any of them here
they are. I'll be adding more as I try more recipes!
Who knew I'd be making bread and actually loving it!! (Not me!!)

Italian Cheesy Bread, Hamburger and hot dog buns,
Homemade pizza crust, and Cinnamon Rolls,
Cinnamon Bread

I say all this to encourage you to try it. I used to
be scared of bread making and yeast too..
(little secret-- It's not scary or hard. Oh and it
doesn't take all day either!!)


Hope you don't mind here's another one,
and it was another hit at our house!!

Homemade Dinner Rolls


1 pkg. dry yeast (1 T.)
1 1/3 cup milk (105*-115*)
3 to 3 1/2 cups flour (can use whole wheat)
3 T. Olive oil (I used vegetable cuz that's what I had)
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 Tablespoon melted butter



Directions --
Dissolve yeast in warm milk with sugar (I used a whisk)
Stir in 1 cup flour, oil, and salt. Beat until smooth.
Stir in enough remaining flour until just slightly sticky.
(May need to knead the last bit of flour in)

Cover and let rise in warm place until double about 1 hour

Heat oven to 400* degrees.
prep a 12 cup muffin pan with spray.

Punch down dough and fold over a few times.
Pinch off 1 inch balls of dough and quickly roll
in the palm of your hands.
Put 3 balls in each muffin cup.
Brush with melted butter.

Bake 12-15 minutes until light golden brown.
Immediately remove from pan

Delicious!!
Special thanks to Simple Daily Recipes for
the original recipe! See it here.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Yummy, BREAD! I'm a bread addict too...

Hello, I'm Sarah. I'm a Bread Addict... That's the first step right???

Michelle said...

Yum! You may just inspire me!

Connie said...

Thanks for the inspiration. My mouth is watering.

Anonymous said...

I've been using my kitchenaid to make pizza crust and bread and such. Even factoring in the cost of the kitchenaid, making your own bread is so much cheaper, is a much better quality bread than store-bought, and tastes great! I've been wanting a dinner-roll recipe; I'll have to try yours!

Ms. Anita said...

Oh gracious! Now, I'm going to have to get me a dinner roll with LOTS o' butter! -- YUMMMMMMMMM

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin