Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Homemade Pizza Sauce Improved!

I posted the Pizza Sauce I was
working on here.

I've continued to work on it
and I'm a lot closer to our perfect mix.

Here's my new recipe...


2 cans of tomato sauce
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp. honey

Mix and simmer on low heat for 15-20 minutes.
Stir often. Makes enough for 2 pizzas.

***
I'm still not done perfecting this,
but it got multiple compliments from hubby!!

Next time I'm trying tomato paste and maybe
1 more tsp. honey...

Someday Soon I'll get our
perfect sauce!


BTW -- If you need a pizza crust recipe,
this one is awesome!

1 Tbsp. Yeast
1 cup warm water
1 tsp. honey (or sugar)
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp. Veg. oil
Mix and add 2 1/2 cups flour.
Mix well.

Cover and let rise 15-25 minutes.
Spread on very large pan or 2 smaller pizza pan's

1 comment:

karenmed409 said...

Thanks for the recipe.. going to give this a try in my Polish Sausage recipe.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin