Wednesday, May 13, 2009

In His Word Wednesday -- Rumors

The last few weeks I've just flipped my Bible open and whatever I read I trust this is what God must want me to post this week!
**
I opened my Bible to Jeremiah 51 and read verse 46
Do not lose heart or be afraid when rumors are heard in the land; one rumor comes this year, another the next, rumors of violence in the land and of ruler against ruler.
**
I thought... God is this really what you want me to post on ... rumors???
So I decided to flip somewhere else and guess what I turned to
Proverbs 26 Verse 20
Without wood a fire goes out; without gossip a quarrel dies down.
**
Once again I'm in awe of God's Awesome power!
Be careful what we let our ears hear and
especially what our mouth pass along.
*****
Now it's your turn! What has God been teaching you lately. Do you have a prayer request? Do you have a Bible verse that has stuck out to you? Even just words of encouragement. I would love to hear from you!
**
Just post on your blog, then come back here and sign the linky below.(You are welcome to use my banner if you'd like)
**
You can even just leave your words or prayer request here as a comment. We'd love to know how to pray for you. If you don't want to elaborate just let us know you have an unspoken prayer request. We can still pray for you because God already knows

1 comment:

Melissa said...

When I read your "rumors" comments and scripture, my mind thinks of the current President and followers. So much of the news is "rumors." I have been reading the book Honor's Reward by John Bevere. Awesome book although a heavy read.

Some things I have been praying about are 1) to continue homeschooling daughter for 6th grade or enroll her in Christain School, 2) Husbands reaction to such decision, 3) brothers continuing safety when working for fire department (declared Psalm 18:28-30 as his coverage)

Have a good day Megan! How's the weeding coming along?

~Melissa

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin