Monday, February 22, 2010

Meal Plan Monday



February is almost over... It flew by!! Which is good
since I'm itching for spring! The garden planning has
begun around our house!

We're still working on our freezer and pantry and
it looks like I'm going to continue it another month.
I'm thinking I'm going to make my budget for March
around $120. since that's what I spent in Jan. and what
it will be for Feb. too! That shaves $100. off my "normal"
grocery budget of $220. per month.

Here's our Meals for this week.

Monday -- beef enchiladas, applesauce, green beans

Tuesday -- Grilled Chicken, Twice baked potatoes, applesauce, corn

Wednesday -- BLT's with cheese and crackers

Thursday -- Spaghetti, cheesy bread (this bread has become a regular pasta side
at our house!), applesauce

Friday -- Dinner with family

Saturday -- Homemade Pizza (last week we got Pizza Hut with Book-its)

Sunday -- Meatballs with potatoes, and carrots (didn't have last week because
we went to my Mom's for Sunday Dinner!!)


I might not be around much today, we might venture up to Michigan and
look into getting a beehive! I'd love to switch from sugar to all honey. Having
our own bees would be a cheap way of doing that!! My Sil and Brother have been
so helpful - they're getting beehives too!! You can see a little about their beginning
bee journey here. I can't wait for honey!!

Anyone else a beekeeper for honey??

4 comments:

Michelle said...

looks like a good week!

Kimber said...

I think you're very brave to try beehives! I'm a teeny bit afraid of bees. :o)

On a very unrelated note - I was wondering if you might be able to do a post on activities you do with your kids, especially your younger ones. I'm pregnant with my our child and am running low on energy, but I don't want to just stick my toddler in front of a TV all day. As a homeschooling mom, I thought you might have a few suggestions! Thanks!!

Kimber said...

Haha, I meant "our second child", not "my our child". I am a firm believer that pregnancy robs mothers of brain cells!

Megan said...

Yep, I'll work on a post!! thanks for the idea!! I love your comments!

Congrats on your 2nd child!! Don't worry my brain cells are pretty much gone, they just don't seem to come back after baby is here!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin