Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Twice Baked Potatoes



If you're like me you often have leftover baked potatoes after an evening meal. Sometimes the leftovers get eaten and other times they go to waste (althought I try hard not to).

Tonight I was going to make baked potatoes but noticed I had 5 leftover baked potatoes in the fridge from Sunday. Well I knew I didn't want to make more, so instead I took the potatoes and made twice baked potatoes! It worked really well.

Here's the recipe in case you don't regularly make these. They are a real hit here at our house!

-----------------

Bake potatoes normally (if you haven't already done this) and cut in half. (cool if they're just out of the oven). Scoop out centers.(warm the centers if they're cold from the fridge). Mash the potatoes regularly making them just a touch on the thick side.

Add 3/4 cup ranch dressing and 1/4 cup sour cream to potatoes. beat again.

Put shells on baking sheet and fill with the potatoe mixture. (this should be enough for 10-14 halves depending on size). top with velveeta slices or cheddar cheese shreds.

Bake for 20 min. at 350 degrees.

-----------------

So just an idea, the next time you make baked potatoes, make a few extra and make twice baked later in the week with the leftovers!!! We love them!

Here's another recipe if you don't like ranch and sour cream in your potatoes! (yes I used their picture...mine turned out horrible!)

go here to see more recipes

2 comments:

The Gaertegang Homestead said...

Another great idea....I just love all the things you come up with!

Genesa said...

Sound yummy! We haven't had those in ages!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin