Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Homemade French Bread and Honey Syrup!

I can say that EVERYONE loved the French bread
I made for French Toast!

However I can't say that everyone loved
my honey syrup to go on the top.
BUT I DID!!!
It was soooo Yummy!
Too bad my hubby and kids don't love honey taste like I do!!

Recipes...
Homemade French Bread

Here is the original recipe.

Here is what I did...
1 1/4 cup Hot Water
2 tsp honey (or sugar)
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp yeast
Mix together, then add
3 1/2 cups bread flour.
Mix and Knead.
Put into greased bowl and
Let rise until double

Separate into 2 loaves, knead a little,
and place on greased cookie sheet.

Cover and let rise until double.
Bake at 375* for 18-25 minutes

Cut and use as French bread with Spaghetti OR
make french toast like this!!! YUMMY!

I also made Homemade Syrup from honey...
It you love honey try this!

1 cup honey
1/4 cup butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp maple flavoring
Combine and heat, stirring often.

Hubby said he liked it, but
preferred regular syrup. I much prefer this
honey syrup!!


Next time I'll try regular syrup from
scratch. I'll use regular sugar, but
at least I can pronounce all the ingredients and
they'll be NO HFCS!!

****
Later today I'll share my
new and improved
Pizza Sauce...
It was Really GOOD Saturday night!!

1 comment:

Genesa said...

That sounds really good! I will have to try this next time we have pancakes/waffles. Thanks for the recipe! To bad for Shawn and the kids!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin