Friday, April 2, 2010

Weekly Groceries


Total for this picture is $36.36

$13.12 at Aldi for apples, oranges, olive oil, chips, and carrots.
$23.24 at Meijer for everything else.

I tried the La Tortilla Factory Tortillas that
"My little World" suggested and she's right! They're
delicious. Only 100 calories and 12 grams of fiber per one!
My daughter and I split one, so we each get 6
grams of fiber and they last twice as long!
I thought they were a bit pricey at $3.69 per 8 pack.

I also hit Kroger and spent $34.37
No picture for that one but it did include
4 gallons of milk, 4 cereal, 4 granola bars, yogurt, butter, choc. chips,
icecream, salad dressing, Reddi whip, and several other items.

***
Here's my totals for March and April
if you're interested!!!
For April I'm already at $70.73 (opps!)

I ended up at $171.57 for the month of March!

I'm hoping to get to my bulk food store to stock up
on baking supplies in the next week or two!

BTW-- I'm planting potatoes, peas,
and lettuce today (some yesterday)!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm planting potatoes today. My tomato seedings I have growing in my kitchen are coming along nicely to.

Goodness, less then $200.00 for the month of March? Is that for food items only? How many are there in your family? Just trying to get some tips, as I am putting myself on a budget, and will try to stick to $400.00 for my family of six. (food items only, non food will be separate.)

Megan said...

Hi April,

No, it's for everything... But I am well stocked and have been trying to empty my freezer for 3 mo. now. It's still about 1/2 full. I have bought no meat in 3 mo. (except bacon).

I usually go and buy 50# of hamburger 2x's a year and stock up on chicken 2x's a year also.

Those items I haven't had to buy yet. They will go into my total so if I buy 50# of hamburger in April that month my total will be a $100. more. It averages out to around $350.-$400. per year on meat, which is only about $33. per month!!

I would be glad to answer any questions you may have, just let me know here or feel free to email me!!

Glad your seeds are growing great!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Megan. :) You and my friend Katie are so good at this stuff. I'm learning a lot from you two.

Marsha Cooper said...

I always enjoy seeing what you get each week...and the variety!
We planted our garden this week....looking forward to harvest....however, we've already spent over $200 putting it in.
Had an extra $88 for wood and hardware to make it a raised garden.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin