Thursday, March 3, 2011

Homemade English Muffins

I'll be honest... I'm SHOCKED this worked so well!
But I'm very excited that it did.

We used to buy english muffins quite often from the
store, but when I started making our bread I
stopped buying them.

I honestly forgot all about them until
Money Saving Mom posted this link....
Which led me to this recipe on King Arthur's Flour website.


It was really quite simple for a bread recipe!
The entire process was done in about 2.5 hours including rise time.


I won't rewrite the recipe because I didn't change anything,
but check it out here!!
If you like english muffins, TRY THEM!!!

These turned out just like the store boughten only
fewer and better ingredients!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

We've been making these for a while now, and just LOVE them! I don't remember where we got the recipe, but I'm sure it's similar anyways. We cut the muffins and then still cook up the leftover "scraps" and those are a special treat too!

The boys get all excited when they get to have these with their breakfast!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin