Sunday, November 23, 2008

Frugal idea--Cheese Sauce

One thing I'm not stocked up on and rarely goes on sale and I never get coupons for is nacho cheese sauce. It seems to be pretty expensive. So last week when Ragu had a sale on their pasta sauce I noticed that they have a cheesy sauce. I decided to get some and try it on nachos! (sorry for the bad pic it isn't white like it looks.)


Well we tried it tonight on nachos. All the kids and I really liked it (hubby doesn't use cheese).
I had gotten it for .33 cents and we used about a 1/3 of a jar!! yay works for me.

Maybe everyone else already knows about this or doesn't like it for some reason but I was very impressed. This will be our new cheese sauce.
I read the bottle and it says to use on baked potatoes and vegetables. It also says to use for the cheese in pasta. I thought it was really easy and so good!
So have you ever used it on nachos, potatoes, or veggies??
Leave me a comment so I know if I'm the only clueless one!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That sounds yummy! I just bought a ton (8) speghetti sauce. Of course this will be gone by February... The Nacho Sauce sounds like a great idea!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin