Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Pantry Challenge


I had planned to extend my pantry challenge through
January. So when I read Money Saving Mom was
doing a pantry challenge I jumped on board!!

My Rules
1. Allowed to buy produce, dairy, and eggs
2. Anything super cheap or FREE
3. Hope to spend less than $100. for the whole month of January
4. Possibly spend the extra $$ we save on shoes/clothes for the kids
***
The bad (or good) thing is with my stock
I'm not sure that this will be very hard.
I really NEED to use up some food...
But a month is a long time so we'll see!

Anyone want to join in???
Go here to link up!


4 comments:

The Gaertegang Homestead said...

Well I must have been a month ahead of schedule...smile...I pretty much made December our "Eat from the Pantry month." I only made one trip to the store...and that was mainly to buy baking stuff (ALdi's had some stuff on sale so I stocked up). Not sure if I could do it another month when I don't feel that I have a great "stock-up" in my cupboards....but I am thinking I am gonna try it anyway and see how creative I can be!

Megan said...

Yea I kinda did it in December too! But I ended up getting some deals I couldn't pass up!! This month I'm really going to track how much I spend. I'd say in December I was around $125. or so!

Won't hurt to try!!

The Prudent Homemaker said...

We already started a few weeks back and we'll be continuing through January. Hopefully going to the store will be in the budget again for February, but if not, we can keep going then as well.

If you get down to a few things, try looking online for recipes that use those things only; you might just find a new favorite recipe!

Coupon Teacher said...

I am sure you will do great!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin