Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Coupons for the Troops



I've had several of you ask about the
Coupons for Troops program.
So I went to work and did some more research. I slightly looked into it a year ago but then never pursued it. I know I should have been doing this all along. It just became one of those things I wanted to do but never took the time...
I even had them in a box several times....
I guess better late than never!!!
***
I suggest starting here at Happy Housewife and check out her post. I think you email her for more info. and to be assigned to a base.
Looks easy enough!
She says to make sure that the coupons are less than 3 mo. expired.
***
Or you can go here and adopt a base.
I chose Sigonella, Sicily because they don't seem to have many on their list.
***
*******
A few things I learned from this site on sending the coupons ...
** Send them using USPS -- Parcel Post is the cheapest or use Priority Mail with flat rate envelope.
** You will have to fill out Form 2976-A -- use description "coupons", make the value $0.00, and check the "gift box"
** Might need to explain to the post office that the coupons are going to a "position" not a "person"
**
I think it actually sounds pretty simple to do!
Can't wait to collect enough and send them.
***
That should get you started!
Let me know if you have more questions about this.
I'll be happy to do a little more research.
**
If anyone has experience with this feel free to
chime in and give us some tips!

1 comment:

Megan said...

I have been doing this for the past couple of months. It is so much better than throwing them out.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin