Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Crock pot Rice...

I tried rice today in the crockpot.

I discovered over the weekend that even my 11 yr. old
loves rice. That makes it an item that everyone LOVES!!
It's like finding a gold mine!!

It was super easy to make and mostly I'd call it a success.
I do need to tweak the recipe and add more
water and chicken flavor but it was still good!

Here's what I did and what I'll change for next time.


Spray crock pot with cooking spray and
dump 2 pounds of rice in (about 4 cups).


Mix 2 cups of water and 3 tsp. chicken base flavor
(next time I'll use 4-5 tsp chicken flavor)
(can also use chicken stock instead)

Dump in crock pot.
add 1 more cup water (next time I'll add 2 more cups)
***that will make 4 cups water total***

Stir


Add butter.
4 TBSP - 1 Stick
(I used 1 stick)


Cook on high for 3-4 hours

Mine was pretty done in 3 hours
But if there would have been more liquid
I would have let it cook 30 more minutes.


It got crusty around the edges so I think the extra
water should take care of that problem!

Over all everyone ate some for lunch and
thought it was really good. (Even Hubby!)

If you don't use all the rice. Just cool it and put it in containers
or freezer bags and stick in the freezer.
When you're ready to use it just add a little butter
and microwave it!

Great way to make your own minute rice!

Special thanks to Mommy Snacks for the recipe.
Check it out here!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Just the other day I was wondering how to fix rice in the crock pot. Now I know! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I would have never thought to try that, but it's a great idea. Glad it worked out for the most part and thanks for sharing! I'll have to try that soon.
:)
-Leslie

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin