Friday, January 8, 2010

Weekly Groceries- Pantry Challenge

I did pretty good this week at Walgreen's
This trip cost me .81 cents!!
I love cashier's who are excited that
you're paying under a dollar!!

Best part is they gave me back
$13. in RR
My cashier was really excited when these
bad boys started popping out!!


I got 2 meters which were free with the Bayer coupons.
then I got $5. RR for each one and another $3. RR
for buying both at the same time.
The Revlon make up was free and I used
a $2. RR for the tomato sauce and milk
(.99 cents for the milk, it was close to expiring)

All this made my total .81 cents and I got $13. back
in Register Rewards to use next week!
I'm hoping for a really good week.
I'll let you know how much I get for the $13. next week!

Then it was on to a quick stop at Meijer...

Since I'm trying to stick to my eating from
the pantry challenge ($100. for the month) I mostly got
produce and dairy items at Meijer. (Bananas not shown)

It totaled $19.73 for 19 items

I'll keep a running total for the month of
all grocery trips I make...

Walgreens .81 cents
Meijer $19.73
CVS -- $4.58 (2 milks)
-------
total spent so far...
$25.12
left to spend $74.88

I'm hoping to only need milk next week.
and I'm hoping that Walgreens will pull
through with some good deals!
We'll see!!!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Way to go! Yes, I agree..it's fun when the cashiers get into it LOL.

Deanna said...

That's terrific! Gotta love a great deal. I like when the cashier says,"where did you get these coupons because I would like some"

New follower from MBC

Tammy said...

Awesome shopping trips. I can never score deals like that where we live, but love reading others posts when they get to shop for nearly free!

Your Best Friend said...

Great shopping trips!!

Anonymous said...

if you want to know Walgreens future sales go to the website
http://iheartwags.com/ Sundays ad is scanned. I must tell I love your blog and always look forward to Friday to see how you did. I hope your family has a prosperous and happy & Healthy 2010
Susan

Megan said...

Thanks Susan, I thought of that after I posted and went right away to check it out!! I Wasn't as impressed as I was hoping to be! We'll see what I end up finding!!

Thanks everyone for commenting!!Love reading your thoughts!

Tracey said...

Great job! I'm also doing the pantry challenge, but am nowhere near getting my totals that low for groceries!

The Prudent Homemaker said...

Great job! We didn't do any shopping trips (our plan is 100% from the pantry/fridge/freezer). You can do it! It would be awesome if you came in even lower than $100.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin