Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Practical Tip Tuesday!

Hope you have your tips ready cuz it's time!!
Here's my tip...
--------------
Cook your hamburger 1 pound at a time.
-------------------------------
This tip might be obvious, but I didn't always do it this way.
(btw this tip is only useful if you use less than a pound when cooking most meals like I do.)
I used to buy my hamburger and then split into 1/3 lb. packages and freeze it uncooked. Then when I pulled it out I would always have to take time to cook it.
-----------------
Now I just throw it into the freezer when I get home from the store. (No time taken to split it up.) Then as I need hamburger I cook the entire pound. Use what I need usually 1/3 pound. Then I let the rest cool while I make the meal. Last I put the cooked meat into 2-3 baggies and freeze.
The next time I need hamburger it's ready!! Just pull it out and defrost for 20-30 seconds and you're done.
-----------------------------------
I also want to let you know that this is what I use to cook my hamburger. This is the Large Micro-cooker from Pampered Chef. It is one of the BEST $10. I've ever spent for the kitchen.
I love it and use it often to cook hamburger.
If the meat is frozen I usually defrost for a couple minutes. Then I simply put the hamburger in the container put the lid on and cook in the microwave for 2 min. Then I use some paper towels to get most of the grease out and chop it up with a turner. Then return it to the microwave for another 2 min. You may need to get the grease out again and chop. Put it in for 1 more minute. That's it! It should be done!! I think this is soooo much easier than frying in a pan on the stove!
---------------
-------------------------
Well it's your turn. What tips have you come up with this week. Leave your link below!!
Thanks for participating and remember you're welcome to use my banner (just right click to save)! Click here if you're not sure how to link.





4 comments:

Sarah said...

THis should be fun! I can't wait to see some tips!

Genesa said...

Well I messed up a little. I guess next time I'll remember not to mess it up!!!!

Megan said...

Well what did you mess up! I think you did great!!

Genesa said...

I didn't link just to that to post.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin