Monday, March 2, 2009

I Did It!!

I've been a little scared about cutting my 2 yr. olds hair. I wasn't sure I wanted it cut like my big boys yet. Like this (I've done it like this for years)... But I knew it needed cut....BAD!!
He's so cute with the longer hair, but you have to admit something needed to be done.... This pic was 2 weeks ago.
The hair was now in his poor little eyes!
So I took the plunge and tried a #7 (7/8") guard on my clippers for the top and a #5 (5/8") guard for the sides. I've never used a larger guard than a 2 or 3 on my clippers.
But it worked and it didn't turn out a complete disaster!!
See he's still cute! I couldn't believe when seeing these pics side by side how much he DID look different. But at least HE CAN SEE!!!
-----------
If only he wasn't deathly afraid of the clippers and scream bloody murder for the full 10 min it took, I might consider it almost fun!!!
Don't worry as you can see in the pic...he's already back to smilin'!!!

4 comments:

Genesa said...

he looks so cute! It really changes his looks, which you knew it would! Good job!

The Gaertegang Homestead said...

Wow!!! I have never used the bigger clipper blades as well...it's buzz cuts for all my boys as well!!! Great job it looks your a PRO already!!! What about you girls??? Do you cut Haley's hair, or do you two go somewhere??? I hardly ever get mine cut about 4 times a year I guess....and Julia well I have just trimmed her bangs and clipped a little here and there....I think I will stick with someone else doing anything major!

Megan said...

Yea my hair is more like twice a year!!

Last time Halee got hers cut I took her somewhere! My sister sometimes cuts Halees hair! She was a beautician.

I am a boy haircutter only!!!

Sarah said...

He looks so big! Very impressive!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin