Thursday, April 30, 2009

Western Ribs



Have you ever made ribs at home??
I made them for the first time this week! Wow were we ever impressed. We have REALLY been missing out. This was close to the BEST meat I've ever tasted.
It was also really easy to make! If you've never tried it, I encourage you to give it a try.
***
Here's what I did...
I bought Western Ribs at my local butcher. The meat was $1.59/lb. WOW!!!! That's cheaper than hamburger and this was like eating steak. I think we will be having this a little (lot) more often!!!!
***
Put them in a pot and cover with water. Add a little salt, pepper, and garlic salt. (I added about 2 tsp. of each aprox.) Bring to boil and then boil about 10 minutes.
**
Take out of pot and put in baking dish. Pour BBQ sauce over the top. I used close to a whole bottle (you wouldn't need that much but it was expiring). Cover and put it in the oven at 325 degrees for about 90 minutes. The last 45 minutes I turned it up to 375 for my potatoes (I have no idea if turing up the temp. played a part in its tenderness, but I don't think so).
***
That's it! Get ready for the most tender delicious meat ever!! Seriously my hubby didn't eat anything else on his plate because he didn't want to ruin the perfect taste in his mouth!!
***
This is the recipe I kinda used.
Have you ever made ribs?? Let me know how you make yours!!
For more recipes visit The Grocery Cart Challenge, she usually starts her swap Thurs. night!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Mmmm... I'd prefer to eat ribs than what I have baking in the oven for dinner tonight: quiche. LOL!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin