Thursday, July 30, 2009

Things I Love Thursday - Garden

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it before but
Here's an update...

This was taken over a week ago.
I've meant to do a garden update days ago and well you know how it is...
It just didn't get done!!!

The peppers were weighing the poor plant down
to the ground so I had to stake it up.
Worked pretty good!

I whined for weeks saying I think I just have green tomatoes and that would never turn but one day we found this and since I've harvested about 5 red tomatoes. (yes that was a long sentence!) Patience is something I'm not good with a lot of the time!!!

My tomato row looked like this before we went camping for the weekend. While we were gone we apparently had a major rain down pour or wind and it left my tomato row looking like this...

I can't seem to fix them either.
So There goes a bunch of tomatoes hidden under being smashed with no sunlight. We'll see how they do.

And oh I just adore the little tiny watermelons growing so quickly. I can seriously see the difference from one day to the next!
My 10 yr old shares my excitement and
goes out early every morning to give me a report!!!
So how's your garden doing???
Leave your link in the comments I'd love to come check it out!
For more "Things I Love Thursday" visit here


Sarah said...

We DEFINITELY love ours too. LOVE the fresh veggies!

Your garden looks good!
Thanks for participating!

Susan said...

Your garden and veggies look really good. I love your watermelon. I wish I had more space to grow things like that. As for your tomatoes, my vines fell over some too. I thought maybe its just heavy now from all the tomatoes. Thanks for the update.

Staci said...

I need to do a garden update on my blog. Most of my readers aren't interested based on my I have put it on the back burner. I have lots of garden recipes this week on my blog. Check it out.

Mom of three little Princesses said... I know where to get some tomatoes and watermelon....I may be over during the night! Looks great!

Daisy said...

Ohh indeed! What lovely garden you have!

Passing by from Things that I Love meme... ;-)



Blog Widget by LinkWithin