Friday, July 31, 2009

Weekly Groceries & Smoothie Recipe!

My Kroger Store is CLOSING... GRRRR
I wasn't able to get a few items I was going to get
because many shelves were already bare.
I still have a Kroger 9 miles North of me and 15 miles South of me but there are no towns left that have a Meijer and Kroger. BLAH!!!!
Anyway I only spent $38.31 this week...


At Kroger I spent $21.18 for 30 items saving 49%
and $16.50 at Meijer for 31 items saving $29.94
****
Totals
$38.31 for 61 items or .63 cents per item.
I stocked back up on icecream.
We were actually completely out which is a NO-NO at our house! Hubby and the kids NEED it almost every night! Well and I'll admit I LOVE IT too but I don't eat it but maybe once a week!!
***
Lately I've been indulging in Fruit Smoothies!!!
I have tons of fruit in my freezer and the peaches are still from last year!
SO Here's a Really EASY Smoothie Recipe...
3 Handfuls of Frozen Fruit.
I used Strawberries, Peaches, and Blueberries
1 cup milk
1/3 cup sugar
Water to fill blender about 3/4 full
***
Blend for about 1 min.
(sometimes I add a little more water if it's too thick)
and Enjoy!! See EASY!!!

4 comments:

Sonshine said...

great job!

Ice cream is a necessity around here too! :)

The smoothie sounds good!

Enjoy your weekend!

Whitney said...

Hmmmm...perhaps I need to start making smoothies!

Sharing the comment love!

Oh! And I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog--come check it out!

Megan said...

Thanks for the smoothie recipe. My kids love smoothies (or moothies as Ali would say).

Mommy-Wise said...

Awesome deals!! Bummer about your store though. I'm just browsing through my fellow couponer's blogs and continue to be inspired!! Keep up the good work!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin